Based in Cleveland, Ohio, Hunter Defense Technologies is a leading manufacturer of specialized heaters, generators, air filtration products, parachute delivery systems and other products focused on the military and commercial truck end markets.
In October 2000, Rockwood acquired Hunter Manufacturing Company from a retiring owner.
In December 2003, Hunter was sold to a private equity firm.
Rockwood Actions & Results
- Built out new management team, including CEO, CEO, VP Operations and VP Engineering
- Acquired three strategic military product lines
- Opened NBC Research Lab adjacent to military customer
- Divested non-core diesel engine component segment
- Grew core sales and EBITDA by 300 percent and 307 percent, respectively, over three year holding period
- The 2003 exit generated a cash-on-cash return in excess of 70 times invested capital