Artistic is North America’s largest turnkey provider of staircase and railing solutions to large and custom home builders. With facilities located in many of the strongest home building markets, Artistic focuses on the “direct-to-builder” channel, which is increasingly recognized as the most efficient distribution channel in the building products industry.
- Location: Calgary, AB and Alpharetta, GA
- Investments: December 2004 and January 2006
- Seller(s)/Deal Dynamic: Rockwood partnered with another private equity firm to back the senior management team of a smaller company to acquire a larger competitor from two retiring owner-operators
- Industry Served: Specialized Industrials
- Outside Directors:
- Gerry Bolyan – Managing Director of Long Point Capital and former Vice President of Business Development for Masco Corporation
- Randy Fenton – Former President and CEO of INRECON, a leading building renovation and indoor recreational construction business
- Bill Langen – Founder of Artistic Stairs, which he ran for 25 years prior to the 2006 recapitalization
- Ira Starr – Managing Director of Long Point Capital; former Partner of Morgan Lewis Githens & Ahn
- Eric Von Stroh – Managing Director of Long Point Capital; former CFO of Five Star Food Service, Inc.
- Exit: Artistic Holdings was sold to Century Cabinets, Inc. in August 2019.