AMACS provides solutions for a wide range of separation applications, including mist eliminators, mass transfer products and wedge wire screen products. The company has a diverse, global customer base across a variety of growing end markets, including chemicals, oil and gas, wastewater and power generation, among others.
- Location: Houston, TX
- Investments: July 2011 and December 2011
- Seller(s)/Deal Dynamic: In July 2011, Rockwood recapitalized Amistco in partnership with the company’s founder. In December 2011, Amistco was merged with the Separations and Mass Transfer business of ACS Industries, Inc. to create AMACS.
- Industry Served: Process Control
- Outside Directors:
- Jeffrey Berlin – Founder of Bridge Industries; former President and COO at Hawk Corporation
- Neil Plug – VP Global Quality and HSSE at World Fuel Services Corporation; former member of senior management at CITGO Petroleum Corporation
- Bruce Taylor – Board Chairman of Kongsberg Automotive; Former Chairman and President of Global Thermoelectric, Inc.