We invest in profitable companies with strong niche positions within their industries. We are particularly interested in privately-owned companies in need of an ownership transition and divisions of larger companies that no longer fit their parent company's strategic direction.
DeZURIK is a global leader in manufacturing valves and related equipment for water and wastewater markets as well as other process related markets. Founded in 1928, DeZURIK designs and manufactures more valves for the markets they serve than anyone else.
- Location: Sartell, MN
- Investment: December 2004
- Seller(s)/Deal Dynamic: Corporate carve-out of an operating division from a Fortune 500 company; Rockwood partnered with another private equity firm and the former CEO of the company
- Industries Served: Water / Wastewater
- Outside Directors:
- Pat Mitchell (Chairman) - Former President of Cold Spring Granite, a 110-year-old quarrier and manufacturer of natural stone products, with a bronze foundry and turn key general contracting.
- Al Kremers (Vice Chairman) - Former Chairman and President of DeZurik (which he first joined in 1960)
- Rick Bauerly - Managing Partner of Granite Equity Partners
- P. Scott Von Fischer - Managing Partner of Prudential Capital Group
- Website: http://www.dezurik.com
- Case Study