We Build Companies.
Founded in 1999, Rockwood is an operationally-focused investment firm serving the lower middle market. We invest in corporate divestitures/carve-outs, as well as privately-owned manufacturers, value-added distributors and industrial services companies. Situationally, the companies we partner with often are seeking transformational change, or may have more complexities to the business situation or transaction. Rockwood invests out of its committed capital funds in companies headquartered in North America with $2 to $7 million in EBITDA (revenues typically $10-$75 million) for initial platform investments and will consider add-on investments of any size and geography.
Our firm’s mantra is “We build companies.” Because Rockwood often is the first outside investor in a transaction, management benefits from our “owner mindset” and partnership approach to adding value and equipping businesses with the tools, support and resources they need to achieve their potential. We have deep expertise serving businesses in regulated industries, including healthcare, and partner with companies that have leading shares in their respective niche markets.
Healthcare Investment Focus
Rockwood is actively looking to invest in manufacturers of durable medical equipment, consumable medical supplies and non-invasive medical devices.
Target Company Size
- $10-$75 million in revenue
- $2-$7 million of EBITDA
- Add-ons of any size
Buyouts, recapitalizations & partnership investments
Prefer control, but will consider partnership positions
- Platforms – headquartered in North America
- Add-ons – any location
- Corporate carve-outs
- Management buyouts
Manufacturers, service and solution providers of:
- Complex rehabilitation technology (CRT)
- Home accessibility products (ramps, stair lifts, elevators, etc.)
- Low-tech medical device products (non-invasive Class I and II), disposables, procedural kits, tools and tool replacement parts, or equipment
- Labs, lab services and supplies providers
- Physical and occupational therapy equipment
- and services
- Contract research organizations (CROs)
- Contract manufacturers (CMOs) for medical equipment, including components or parts
- Specialized supply chain services (cleaning, kitting/assembly, packaging, labeling, sterilization, etc.)
Provider of home accessibility and safety solutions, including ramps, stair lifts, wheelchair lifts, transfer aids and bath safety products.
Acquired in 2018; Seeking add-on opportunities
Market-leading manufacturer of standing solutions to support therapy for adults and children with disabilities. It manufactures the EasyStand brand of state-of-the-art standing frames and equipment to help improve the quality of life for individuals worldwide who use wheelchairs.
Exited in 2017
Manufacturer of patented specialty beds and tables designed to improve diagnostic imaging procedures in cardiology, radiology and mammography, as well as interventional procedures.
Exited in 2017